Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Tiptoe through the tulips at the Keukenhof

One of our side trips to Amsterdam was a visit to the Keukenhof, which is about a 70 acre botanical garden...featuring bulb flowers. The gardens were filled with tulips, daffodils, hyacinths, and amaryllis. We spent about 3 hours strolling down the paths, taking pictures, and of course it wouldn't be a trip without a quick tumble for me. It was actually a quick catch myself down on one knee kind of thing. Oh well. I've never been graceful, but this nice lady from Spain asked me if I was ok (in Spanish, of course); so I did get to use my Spanish in the Netherlands.

Enjoy the pictures.

2 comments:

  1. Hah! we need that beer bike on our camping trips.

    Sorry to hear about your knee. I know that's been bugging you for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures. It looks so much cleaner than I thought. Tom and Deb were there on their vacation, I mean mission trip, to Romania and they said it was a dirty city. Looks clean to me. Enjoy!. Love and stuff, Jeff Romenesko

    ReplyDelete