Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Book Review - Welcome to the Great Mysterious

My friend Stacey introduced me to books by author Lorna Landvik. I recently read Welcome to the Great Mysterious. Another great book; I think I read the whole thing in an evening! Here's a brief synopsis. Geneva Jordan is a broadway star and receives a call from her twin sister Ann, in Deep Lake, Minnesota. Geneva agrees to watch Rich, her 13 year old nephew and godson who has Down's Syndrome. Her sister Ann and husband Riley take a much needed and first ever vacation away from Rich, a month in Italy. Geneva leaves the bright lights of Manhattan for a different kind of role and realizes that life doesn't always follow the best of scripts. As the author writes "an unexpected tragedy forever changes the lives of those she has come to care about, forcing her to redefine herown role as well."

No comments:

Post a Comment