Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Life in DK

I'm adjusting to my new life in Danmark. There are a few things I need to get used to...or just change the way I do things.

  • Drinking luke warm water - I don't think anyone uses ice cubes. I wonder if I can buy an ice cube tray?
  • Not drinking diet pepsi - way too expensive
  • The cheese smells - it tastes good, just smelly
  • Learn Danish...quickly!
  • It's light out late in the evening and early in the morning - I'll need to buy some sleep shades
  • Television shows are pretty old - Murder She Wrote, Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman, Melrose Place, 90210, need I say more?
  • Everything is expensive - maybe I just won't look at the price anymore!?!?

On the upside,

  • Chuck can bike to work; it's only 6km
  • It's 20 steps to the bakery, 40 steps to the grocery store, 50 steps to the post office
  • 15 minute drive to Germany
  • Lots of travel opportunties
  • We have a sauna and a solarium (tanning bed)
  • I got beautiful flowers (blomster) on Monday (mandag)

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that you are settling in. Just wanted to say Hi. Thanks for the update.

    Jeff Romenesko

    ReplyDelete