Tuesday, August 4, 2009

European Vacation 2009 - By the Numbers

Here's a summary of our 24 day adventure...by the numbers.

3,934 - number of kilometers driven (about 2,245 miles)

264 - number of liters of diesel for big baby blue

17 - number of kilometers (about 10 miles) driven in a single tunnel (in Switzerland)

4 - number of countries visited (Germany, Switzerland, Italy, France)

23 - number of cities visited

3,420 - number of stairs/steps climbed (approx per person)

14 - flavors of gelato 'sampled'

22 - number of Farkle games Holly won (out of 28)

1557 - number of pictures taken

16 - number of AA batteries my Canon camera 'ate' in 24 days

3 comments:

  1. 16 batteries?? wow.... -i think you need rechargeable ones before the next big trip! and I LOVE that you counted stairs!! I do the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 16 batteries?? A world traveler like you definitely needs some rechargeable ones!! and I love that I am not the only goober that counts stairs!! IT is the only thing that keeps me going to the top!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have rechargeable batteries, but the adapter is in the US (and the rechargeable batteries are here). No sense buying another one, when our return is just around the corner.

    ReplyDelete