Thursday, May 8, 2008

What do I do to fill the time?

You would think that living in a foreign country, not working, and being 7 hours ahead of all my friends and family would lead to utter boredom. That couldn’t be anything further from the truth. So, what do I do all day? Here’s a typical day: Get up early, have a cup of tea, and check email. By midmorning, I’ll go for a bike ride or a walk around town. I squeeze in a Danish lesson and have lunch. If I’m feeling ambitious, I’ll throw in a French lesson and go for a walk. Every other day, I walk up to the grocery store and pick up fresh veggies for dinner. This week, I’ve been researching hotels and activities for our 3 week European adventure. I’m reading Eat, pray, love by Elizabeth Gilbert right now and read a few ‘beads’ each day. Some afternoons I get an added surprise with an IM request from my friend Deanna. It’s always nice to chat online with her. Chuck’s home by 5 and we have dinner.

So, not much different than in the States, with the exception of no weekly Target shopping sprees, no long work days and NO NIGHT MEETINGS!

No comments:

Post a Comment