Friday, February 6, 2009

Christmas 2009 Travel Thoughts

I've been thinking about all the places I want to go for the Christmas holiday this year. There are just so many places on my List of Places I Want to Visit that it is difficult to select just one. I priced out 5 different options and because of the holidays the prices are just unbelievably expensive. I thought with this global economic crisis and a decline in worldwide tourism, I'd see some discounts, but so far no-go.

Here are the options so far:

1. Go to the US and visit family, then head down to St. John, USVI and rent a house.
2. Fly to South Africa (Jo'burg, Durban, Capetown)
3. Spend a week on the beach (Seychelles, Maldives, or Mauritius)
4. Go to Madrid, Spain, then fly to the Canary Islands for some beach time.

I was thinking about an African Safari in Kenya or Gorilla Trekking in Rwanda or Uganda, but I think we're going to hold off on that excursion.

Any recommendations or thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. There is something not quite right about spending Christmas on the beach.....at least in my mind! So of course, that leaves South Africa!
    :o) See how easy that was! And Mads and I want to plan a safari to Kenya... maybe the four of us need to get together soon!! So we can compare ideas!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely. Maybe a post bday celebration in mid/late March???

    ReplyDelete