Friday, January 30, 2009

Stream of Consciousness - The Rumbaba

My stream of consciousness this morning went something like this: book hotels for April trip to Copenhagen and southern Sweden, find excursions, how about a boat trip, remember the Rumbaba in St. Thomas.

In 2007, Chuck and I booked a house in St. Thomas for a week (I can't seem to find a link to the property). My parents and brother joined us. Poor Kasey is a guidance counselor so she had to work. When we were in St. Croix the previous year, we chartered a sailboat and went to Buck Island to snorkel. So, I thought it would be fun to charter a sailboat to snorkel around St. John. We've been on some disasterous large snorkeling trips with 75 other people (Princessa Yelapa in Puerto Vallarta, rings a bell). Chartering a sailboat for just us made more sense and for 5 people it was probably an extra $100 or so to have the entire boat to ourselves.

Enter the Rumbaba. I searched the web and found quite a few different charters, but decided that the Rumbaba and Capt'n Bobby would be perfect for us. It was fab.u.lous. Honestly, it was one of the best things we have ever done on a vacation.

A few pictures from our day of snorkeling. The water was so incredibly clear, even the pictures from the cheap underwater camera turned out!






1 comment:

  1. that water does not seem real!!!

    My biological dad moved to St. Croix in October, so we have a future trip planned there.... he says it looks just like you described! I cannot wait to see if for myself! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete