Sunday, February 8, 2009

London - Here I (errr, we) come

I just booked a birthday weekend in London. We've never been there before, so this is going to be a quick whirlwind 'scouting' trip. We're already planning a longer trip during the warmer months. So far the agenda includes...

  • Take the hop on hop off tourist bus to get a lay of the land
  • Go to St. Paul's Cathedral
  • London Bridge
  • Musical or play...I'm dying to see Wicked (hint, hint)
Any recommendations for a nice birthday dinner, pub, cafes, sights, would be great!

**Update: Apparently Chuck was a little taken aback that "I" was going to London. Actually, "WE" are going to London...for "MY" birthday. :)

3 comments:

  1. Yeah for birthday trips to London! I am guessing you are going on "Our" actual bday weekend?? We are going the week of Påskeferie...
    Mads got us a hotel overlooking the Thames .. and so far, my list is Notting Hill (yes, I am a dork) but I just want to walk the streets... Hyde Park, Westminster Abbey, changing of the guard... all the normal touristy things, but Mads has been there several times so I am counting on him to show me the things I MUST see!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang, I wanna go! (Must express this to my dearest and see if I can convince him that this is a fabulous idea).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting our blog. I am glad you enjoy our recipes! Have fun in London! I have been their twice. I loved it! Go see the crown jewels, Buckingham Palace, London Tower/Bridge, there is great shopping at Piccadilly Circus, fun markets, shows, etc!!

    ReplyDelete