Friday, July 18, 2008

European Vacation - Day 5 (Vienna)

That nasty little blister from the day before is hampering my style today. However, with thinner socks in my tennis shoes, I was ready to hit the pavement...errr...cobblestones.

We started the day with a walk through the Hofburg complex which is located in the center of Vienna. There's a beautiful garden, several museums and some great exhibits. I think my favorite exhibit was the National Library which dated from 1722-1735. It was amazing.

We walked through the Butterfly garden, but unfortunately there weren't many butterflies. We saw more butterflies at the Butterfly garden in Seattle in the first 10 steps than we did during the whole Vienna exhibit.

Vienna is a beautiful city. The architecture is amazing. I can't wait to go through the photos and post a slideshow of Belvedere, the Opera House, Hofburg Palace, and the Museum Quarter. If only there was a little less smoke, Vienna would be perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment