Thursday, July 17, 2008

European Vacation - Day 2 (Prague)

Another day of rain. But that didn't stop us. We each had our raincoats (a must have for Denmark) and a huge golf umbrella. We were up early and headed through old town and over the Charles Bridge, then up a few rather steep and winding streets...then 208 steps of pure misery up to the Prague Castle. We had a choice, we could either take the steep winding streets or the steps. We opted for the steps. Ugh. The castle was gorgeous as was the Church.

We took a funicular up a hill to a look out point and then decided to walk down the winding road, in the rain. I'm a bit of a klutz, and luckily (knock on wood) I didn't fall down the hill! We stopped at La Bastille for a late lunch, which was amazing.

After all that walking and climbing, I convinced Chuck to splurge and pay the 15E for a 30 minute Thai massage on my feet and calves. It was kind of a reflexology thing. I was really looking forward to a massage on my tootsies. Well, I think the woman thought to herself, "I wonder how much pain this American will put up with?" It was ouch, ouch, ouch, ouch. So much so that I have finger mark bruises on my legs. Chuck says...and you paid for this!?!?

Unfortunately my internet connection is kind of slow, so I'll post slideshows once I get a better connection. Until then, enjoy the one or two in the posting.

Here's Prague Castle.

No comments:

Post a Comment