Sunday, January 13, 2013

Chuck learns to surf on Oahu, Hawaii

When I was planning our trip to Hawaii, I started looking into surfing lessons, stand up paddleboard (SUP) lessons and other highly recommended activities.  I am a heavy user (and contributor) to tripadvisor and place a lot of value on the reviews that other people provide.  Obviously, you have to read all / most of the reviews and use your best judgement with regard to making purchasing decisions.  In general, I have been happy with my decisions based upon tripadvisor recommendations.


I was searching for surfing lessons on the island of Oahu and found Island Style Surf and Sergio in Haleiwa.  My husband loved his surf experience.  Sergio had an ease about him and provided amazing instruction.  The location was perfect for a first time surfer, yet had more advanced surfers nearby.  After a quick on-shore lesson, Sergio and Chuck paddled out.  A few reminders and Chuck was off, catching his first wave.  There were a few spills over the course of the 2 hour lesson, but many more waves where he was hanging ten!


















No comments:

Post a Comment