Sunday, October 4, 2009

A rocky ferry ride to Egeskov

I should probably just invest in Dramamine stock. I sure do take enough of it and I think everyone around me is happy to know that before a plane ride, car ride, or a boat ride, I will have taken one of the little round white pills...and I won't be the one looking a bit green!

This morning we were up early to catch the 8am ferry to the island of Fyn....final destination...Egeskov Castle.

The seas were pretty rough today and it was extremely windy out, so we had quite the rocky 50 minute ride across the sea. Thank goodness I don't have to make that trip very often!

Egeskov Slot (oak forest castle) was built in the mid 1500s as a home for a Danish nobleman. Today it is a full fledged tourist location complete with the castle museum, a vintage motorcycle museum, vintage car museum, gardens, mazes, tree top walk, deer park...and the list continues.

Egeskov Slot is only open for a few months each year (April - October) and we were lucky enough to visit it on the last operating day for 2009.

A few pictures from our visit.








1 comment:

  1. Brings back memories of my childhood in Denmark. My mom had an aunt in Odense, and we visited her every summer.

    ReplyDelete