Sunday, April 26, 2009

The beautiful parks of Beijing

When Chuck was busy, I had an opportunity to explore Beijing on my own. Aside from shopping, which I know Chuck prefers not to do, I spent some time strolling through the many beautiful parks. It is amazing how once you enter the park, you can easily forget that you are smack-dab in the middle of a sprawling metropolis with 17 million people. The foliage, walls, flowers and trees all block out the honking horns, humming busses, construction noises.


The flowers are abundant and absolutely gorgeous. Jingshan park has beautiful peonies, roses, and tulips in bloom. At 8:30 in the morning, the park was filled with people exercising, dancing, walking, photographing flowers, and even several people perched on buckets drawing the various blooms.

Here are some of my favorite pictures....and yes, I do love taking pictures of flowers!










No comments:

Post a Comment