Sunday, June 1, 2008

...and the winner is....

...not Chuck! Chuck's employer has an international club, which meets once a month. The May (Maj) event was go cart racing. I've never seen go cart racing quite like this. You get all dressed up in a jumpsuit, headscarf, and helmet. They were running about 21 seconds per lap. Good thing I was the photographer; they would have killed me...or left me in the dust.

The track had several rules and I think among the members of the group (all engineers) they broke every single one!

  • No running into other go carts
  • No driving over the barriers
  • No sliding up the barriers
  • No using both the gas and brake at the same time
  • No driving when the yellow lights are flashing
  • Just about everyone got at least one yellow card (warning)
  • One person got a red card (a time out penalty)
  • One person got ejected
  • One person got a blue card (move over; someone wants to pass you)

In Heat B, Chuck came in 3rd, but only because Torben (on the right) had a penalty late in the heat. Hmmm, I think Chuck could be Danish...or at least he and Torben could be related!

Here's a link to more pictures.

1 comment:

  1. At Wisconsin Dells I am the best that the track has to offer. Seriously, somebody should write a book or something..... LOL

    Jeff

    ReplyDelete