Tuesday, December 11, 2012

New England Foliage Tour

My bucket list has always included a trip to New England to tour and drive through when the fall foliage was at its peak.  This year, we were able to see fall foliage just as it was starting to turn into vibrant oranges, yellows and reds.

The REAL purpose of the trip to the northeast wasn't just to see the fall foliage.  It was to see our friends that had recently returned to the States after a 4 year stint in Europe (Denmark and Germany).  While in Europe, my friend Tara was always a source for humor when the craziness of living abroad get the best of you.  She was also the source of the famous April Fool's Day joke where she convinced all of her fellow expats that were longing for Target, that Target was indeed, opening a store in Horsens, Denmark.  I fell for it.  Hook. Line. Sinker.  Sigh.  But, despite making me feel so gullible, she remained a great friend.

I must admit, I lobbied heavily for her to move to the Northeast...it gives me an excuse to see another part of the great United States...and of course, Tara and her family :-)

A few pictures from our tour.

Montpelier, Vermont

Covered bridge in Vermont

Stowe, Vermont

Stowe, Vermont

Stowe, Vermont pedestrian bridge





No comments:

Post a Comment