Wednesday, October 12, 2011

3rd Annual Girls Getaway

Last year, we went to San Francisco, Napa Valley, and Pebble Beach.


This year, we headed to the east coast for 6 days.

My mom and sister arrived on Monday afternoon, so I picked them up at the airport and we headed south to Hyannis. Along the way we stopped in Plymouth to see Plymouth Rock and walk around.

I didn't plan this stop very well as it was the 4th of July and apparently Plymouth is a great place to see a parade, shop, grill out, and 'hunker down' until the fireworks start. About 5 miles from town we started seeing "$15 park here" signs. Uh, no. I'm cheap. I won't be paying $15 to park 5 miles away and then walk. We drove as far as we possibly could and by some great luck....an open metered spot on the main road. I should probably get some sort of award for my magnificent parallel parking ability :-) We plugged the meter and walked around for about 2 hours and then moved on to Hyannis.

Plymouth was one of those 'great finds' destinations. We walked over to see Plymouth Rock and take some pictures of the Mayflower replica. We shopped and this is where we found our best shopping of the whole trip. My sister picked up some great things to use in the classroom and we also managed to pick up a few other trinkets along the way too.




1 comment:

  1. I have these same pics from Plymouth!
    And no matter where you go, the fact that you three go together is awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete