Sunday, March 27, 2011

Snokeling with Calabaza Sailing

Whenever venturing to a new location, I check out TripAdvisor...I know, you're surprised, right? In any event, one of the most popular things to do in Barbados is a snorkeling tour with Calabaza Sailing. The reviews were impeccable, so away I went to book our tour.

Chuck and I have been on quite a few snorkeling and sailing trips. Our first experience was in Puerto Vallarta on the Pricessa Yelapa (in 1996)....it is the standard for what we will NEVER do again. We've chartered in Grand Cayman, St. Thomas, St. Croix, Cabo San Lucas, Dominican Republic, Cancun, and now Barbados.

You will never find me on a boat with more that 12 people. My favorite trips are the ones where it was just us (St. Thomas on the Rumbaba with Captain Bobby). So, after searching high and low for a semi-private snorkeling/sailing tour, I found Gina and Calabaza.

The Deets
Duration: 5 hour Luncheon Snorkeling Tour
Stops: 3 - snorkel with turtles, snorkel around shipwreck, lunch/beach/swim stop
Hotel Pick up/return: yes (around 9am)
Departure: 9:30am from Bridgetown Harbor
Return: 2:30pm
Max guests: 12
Food/Drinks: Yes, plenty and all inclusive
Cost: $110 USD per person

Sample Food/Drinks
Banana bread, fish cakes, crisps w/ hummus, bruscetta topping, curry chicken, baked fish, rice, couscous, salad, black bean salad, veggie/fruit salad, rum punch, beer, water, soft drinks, wine...and the list goes on!

TIP: Gina and her crew are very popular, so make sure you book early! I booked 2+ months in advance and my preferred date was already full!






No comments:

Post a Comment