Thursday, December 11, 2008

Trip to the US

I just returned from a 3+ week trip to the other side of the pond. I spent the first few days visiting friends around Chicago and then just over a week hanging out with my nephew Lincoln, my sister and parents, and ended the trip with 6 days in Cancun with my sister. What fun!

Poor Chuck was back in Denmark working while I was taking on the role of Professional Traveler. There should really be such a job and I think I'd be fabulous at it!

Snow, snow and more snow. I definitely do not miss snow and on my trip to the US, I did get to experience several snowy days and the crazy midwest drivers. Why is it that even though they've been driving in snowy weather their whole lives, they still completely forget what it means to drive in the snow? People, people, people.

In 16 days, I...

  • drove over 2000 miles on the rental car
  • went to 11 cities in 3 states
  • shopped and shopped some more
  • bought gifts for me and Chuck
  • purchased things for people back in DK
  • saw lots of friends and family
  • took over 150 pictures of little Lincoln
  • was on 7 different flights (yuck!)
Now I'm back in Denmark and I must admit, the darkness was a bit shocking this morning.

1 comment:

  1. 150 pics of your nephew...too cute!!

    And I am so envious of the time with your sister... I would love a trip with just me and my sis...but I dont see that happening until her four year old leaves home!! LOL

    Glad to have you back in Jylland!

    ReplyDelete