Sunday, February 10, 2008

Book Review - Playing for Pizza by John Grisham

I've always liked books by John Grisham. I think I've read everyone. I got hooked on his books with The Pelican Brief and then got hooked on his 'other' works when I read Skipping Christmas one year while vacationing in St. Croix (we skipped Christmas that year!). Playing for Pizza is a quick read about a guy (Rick) who goes to Italy to play football. He is essentially washed up in the states and quite honestly the laughing stock due to his stellar performance in a game, so his agent gets him to head to Italy to be the quarterback for the Parma Panthers. Rick doesn't speak Italian and is living in a country he knows nothing about. It's a cute story and an easy read (about 2 hours cover to cover).

No comments:

Post a Comment