Thursday, January 31, 2008

Book Review - Ana's Story by Jenna Bush


I finally read Ana's Story by Jenna Bush. It's a quick read (and big print!). I think I read it cover to cover in just under 2 hours. Jenna spent several months in a Latin American country working with UNICEF. During that time, she documented the stories of children. This story is about the struggles of a girl/young woman (Ana) with HIV/AIDS, physical abuse, sexual abuse, family and the 'systems' in place to deal with these issues. This book brought back a lot of memories from my time living in Mexico in the early 1990s. Growing up and being raised in a third world country is quite different than living in the midwest. So, if you have a few hours to spare, you might consider borrowing the book from the libary...or let me know and I'll give you my copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment